Pasta and chickpeas with Centine Rosso
The smell of a pan-fried omelette is like the sirens of Ulysses: simply irresistible. This is a light and green version, with peas and spinach. Nutritious and irresistible, especially when served with a glass of Centine Rosso.
Ingredients for 4
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
• 400 g of chickpeas in a jar, rinsed under running water
• 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
• 1 liter of hot vegetable broth
• 250 gr of short pasta (Sardinian gnocchetti, thimbles etc)
Optional, if you like it:
• 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Preparation: 20 minutes
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle it evenly with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chickpeas and let them brown for a couple of minutes. Then pour the broth, half of the rosemary and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
As soon as the broth boils, pour the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is ready and the stock reduced.
Remove the pan from the heat and mix the remaining chopped rosemary.
Season with a drizzle of raw oil and black pepper to taste, and serve.
Tip: If you want, you can add a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano before serving.