Pasta and chickpeas with Centine Rosso
Pasta and chickpeas certainly deserve a special place among the simple things that warm the heart and the stomach. Healthy, economic and, at least in our version, very fast to prepare. And yet so indulgent. Do you want to make it even more satisfying? Enjoy it with a good glass of Centine Rosso, according to the best Tuscan tradition.
Ingredients for 4
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
• 400 g of chickpeas in a jar, rinsed under running water
• 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
• 1 liter of hot vegetable broth
• 250 gr of short pasta (Sardinian gnocchetti, thimbles etc)
Optional, if you like it:
• 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Preparation: 20 minutes
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle it evenly with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chickpeas and let them brown for a couple of minutes. Then pour the broth, half of the rosemary and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
As soon as the broth boils, pour the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is ready and the stock reduced.
Remove the pan from the heat and mix the remaining chopped rosemary.
Season with a drizzle of raw oil and black pepper to taste, and serve.
Tip: If you want, you can add a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano before serving.